Saturday, October 20, 2012

Product review: Hollywood style peel off mask

Product Review
Hollywood Styles Herbal Formulas
Whitening peel off mask

Image taken from their website.


My tube! :)

Hello there lovelies! I got quite curious with face masks lately and when I went to Watson's about two weeks ago I picked up this one... It is the Hollywood Style Herbal Formulas Whitening peel off mask. 

"Hollywood Style Herbal Care Products is an “All American Made” brand manufactured with pure natural ingredients in California. It has achieved an extraordinary reputation in the beauty industry internationally. Hollywood Style products are manufactured with the highest quality ingredients available in the industry; all carefully formulated by experienced chemists and individually batched by quality control system to make sure they are in impeccable condition before leaving the facilities."


I believe this mask that I got is part of a whole series of whitening formulas... I looked it up their official website and saw this! (click here to visit their official website!)




It is actually the sixth step in their whitening treatment line... :) 

According to them the whitening peel off mask has a " Potent formula (which) dissolves dead cells and peels away debris and impurities, uncovering newer, healthier-looking skin. "

In the back label it says that the product has 100% vegan ingredients. 

Ingredients:
Purified water, denatured alcohol, polyvinyl alcohol, propylene glycol, PEG-8 dimethicone, Salicylic acid, kojic dipalmitate, potassium hydroxide, retinyl palmitate (vitamin A), tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), alpha arbutin, carica papaya fruit extract, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) extract, morus alba (mulberry) leaf extract, arctostaphylos uva ursi (bear berry) leaf extract, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) flower extract, zuue, citrus medica limonum (lemon) flower extract, anthemis nobilis (chamomile) flower extract, citrus grandis (grapefruit) fruit extract, phyllantus emblica (gooseberry) fruit extract, DMDM hydantoin.

Other Info from the product label:

Whitening peel off mask is an extra strength formula made with mulberries (well known for skin brightening properties), licorice ( great for bleaching dark spots) and arbutin (long used for skin discoloration problems). This potent formula helps to dissolve dead cells and absorbs debris and impurities, uncovering newer, healthier looking skin. With regular use complexion will be whiter, brighter and fairer. 


Directions:
After washing face, apply peel off mask in an even layer (thicker at edges) avoiding, eyes, lips and hairline areas. Let dry completely. Gently peel or rub off. Remove any remaining residue with warm water and wash cloth. Follow with whitening toner and finish with one of our whitening creams.


I got the Large tube which contains about 150ml or 5.30 fl.oz. of product. It is packaged in an inverted soft tube so that product release is easy and very hygienic. When I opened it it has a seal on the tube so the product is guaranteed fresh and unused. The product is clear in color, and has a very thick gel consistency. I find it easy to apply although you have to apply it thickly and remember to avoid hairy areas as it will be very hard to peel off if it gets caught on facial hair.



Here is me, makeup-less with the peel off mask on. It was hard to put a smile on because the mask was already half dried when I remembered to take a picture... haha

When I peeled of the mask I can really feel that I am peeling away dead skin and impurities... It hurt big time the first time but I got used to it. My face felt a little tingly after and my dermatograpism (skin condition where my skin gets red then raised and inflammed when irritated) acted up but it receded after a few minutes... :p


YIPEE!!!

  • Easy to apply
  • Hygienic packaging
  • Dries quickly
  • Easy to peel off ( just follow the directions on the tube to get the desired effect!)
  • Leaves my face silky smooth. It got rid of whiteheads and blackheads on my nose... hihi :D
  • I feel a very cooling and relaxing sensation when I put it on my face. :)
  • Affordable, for this big tube I paid a little less than 200 pesos!

BOO!!!

  • Becomes a little bit runny when applied too thick
  • It might hurt a little when peeled off...
  • It has an alcohol like smell... Super strong but I don't mind... I wouldn't recommend this for those who are sensitive when it comes to smelly products though...
REPURCHASE?

Yes definitely! Aside from all the perks in whitening and exfoliating my face I love that it has all vegan ingredients. :) Aside from this maybe I would try the facial wash when I get to finish my current facial wash... :)

I can't vouch for the whitening effect though for now because I have only tried it for about three times... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment